When users export Assessment Reports to their own computer, they are often looking to track student assessment data in their own Excel file. This data is exported to a CSV file. The fastest way to convert a CSV file to an Excel file is to Save As Type: Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls) or Excel Workbook (*.xlsx).
CSV files are great for transferring data to and from various computer programs, but one of its drawbacks is that they cannot maintain any formatting. Because of this, we have created an Excel file in which you can paste your CSV data to maintain the dynamic reporting features available in the PowerMyLearning Connect platform. Please follow the instructions below to learn how.
1. Download the attached .xlsx or .xls file at the top of this page.
2. Export the Assessment Status Report from the My Class Reports section of PowerMyLearning Connect.
3. Open your exported CSV file.
4. Click the icon on the upper left side of the CSV file to select all cells and press Ctrl+C to copy them to your clipboard.
5. Open the Assessment Status Report - Formatted.xlsx file that you downloaded from this page, select cell A1 and press Ctrl+V to paste your CSV data into the pre-formatted Excel file.
6. Once you have pasted your CSV file data into the Excel file, keep all cells highlighted and click on the Format button and select AutoFit Column Width.
7. Now your exported Assessment Status Report is conditionally formatted so you can easily tell the status of assigned playlists. Assessments that have been submitted by your students and reviewed by you are green (Complete). Assessments that have been submitted by your students and have not been reviewed are yellow (Needs Review). Assessments that have not been submitted by your students are red (Not Submitted).