PowerMyLearning Connect provides a rich set of tools to make grading student assessments, providing feedback, and reviewing grades as easy as possible.
From Assessment Reports educators can:
- View student submission status and grades for assigned playlist assessments.
- Grade student submissions and provide feedback.
- Manipulate and analyze student assessment data to drive instructional planning.
- Export the Assessment Report to an excel file (csv format).
Assessment Report Overview
1. Go to your My Class Reports page by clicking on the My Classes tab and select Reports. By default, your report type will be Assessment Report. (For more information on other report types, please see our articles on , and )
2. Choose your Class Name and Playlist from the drop down menus and select the Run Report button.
3. Your Assessment Report Overview will highlight pertinent information about the playlist you assigned to your class. On the left side of the report, you will find:
- Playlist Title
- Playlist Assigned Date
- # of Students Assigned the Playlist
- # of assessments in the Playlist
- Standards covered by the Playlist
- Please note that if a playlist has not been tagged with any common core standards, the Playlist Standards section will be blank.
4. On the Assessment Report Overview tab, you can toggle between a Status Report and a Score Report. These reports provide color-coded charts that provide summaries of student activity and classroom trends. Both of these reports are exportable. Please note: If you have not assigned a playlist that includes a Checkpoint or a Playlist Task, you will not be able to run an Assessment Report.
5. Overview - Assessment Status: See a high-level view of your students and see the submission status of their assignments. The Assignment Status pie chart displays the number of completed assignments, which assignments still need your review, and which assignments have yet to be submitted by your students.
6. Overview - Assessment Scores: View a class summary of a Playlist Total Scores, a detailed breakdown of the Total Playlist Points, and an interactive Assessment Mastery Threshold tool.
7. Mastery Threshold: Drag the Mastery Threshold Tool to define the minimum score a student needs to achieve mastery for topics.
8. The pie chart will reflect these changes with color-coded sections.
- Green = Exceeds Mastery
- Yellow = Meets Mastery
- Red = Below Mastery
9. Export your Assessment Report by clicking on the Export button. A csv file will begin downloading automatically.